NARROWSBURG – Town of Delaware, NY Representative Harold G. Roeder, Jr. was elected as the 2010 chairperson of the Upper Delaware Council, Inc. during the UDC’s annual meeting held January 7 in Narrowsburg.
Delaware Town Justice H. John Kramer administered the oath of office to Roeder, who succeeds 2009 UDC Chairperson George J. Fluhr of Shohola Township, PA. Also sworn in were Vice-Chairperson Dolores A. Keesler of Damascus Township, PA, and Secretary-Treasurer John B. Niflot of the Town of Fremont, NY. A reception with cake and coffee followed the monthly business meeting.
Harold Roeder has been a member of the UDC board since 1997. He previously chaired the Council in 2000 and served as its vice-chair last year.
Roeder, who moved to the Town of Delaware from Queens at the age of 12 in 1952, graduated from Delaware Valley High School before going on to earn Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Music Performance from Ithaca College.
He previously worked as a music teacher at Roscoe Central School and Ithaca College, operated the Roeder’s Pianos and Organs distributorship, and he currently holds a New York State license as a certified general real estate appraiser. Since 1992, he has been the proprietor of Roeder’s Appraisal Service.
In March of 2009, the Delaware Town Board appointed Roeder as a town councilman to fill a vacancy. He subsequently won November’s election to retain the seat through 2011.
The classically-trained Roeder enjoys serious music and dabbles in musical composition. He is also a sportsman who enjoys angling for trout in the Callicoon Creek, shooting sporting clays, and belongs to the Pleasant Valley Hunting Club.