Final 2015 UDC Grants Completed
NARROWSBURG – The Upper Delaware Council, Inc. (UDC) approved the six final projects of 11 that were completed under its Fiscal Year 2015 round of Technical Assistance Grants on August 25.
From 1988 to 2015, the UDC has awarded a cumulative total of $774,325 to fund 230 projects through the TAG program.The non-profit organization’s board approved $28,928 worth of grants on October 2, 2014 with a project completion deadline of August 21, 2015.
The grants are available competitively to the UDC’s 13 member towns and townships, and five encompassing county governments in NY and PA, for non-construction projects that address goals and needs identified in the River Management Plan for the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
The latest approvals were:
- Town of Highland – $1,500 to update and improve the town’s website at www.townofhighlandny.com, with work performed by W Design of Barryville;
- Town of Fremont – $1,130.17 to print and distribute three issues of “The Echo” newsletter, a publication of the Basket Historical Society of the Upper Delaware Valley;
- Town of Delaware – $6,670 to codify local laws and ordinances, including a review of historical minutes books, preparation of organizational analyses, and completion of editorial and legal analyses;
- Town of Tusten – $552 to purchase 38 tax and topography maps with parcel boundary lines and six river corridor zoning maps from the Sullivan County Real Property Tax Service Department;
- Shohola Township – $3,900 to create six 20” x 30” historic kiosk panels, with work performed by Springhouse Design, on the topics of Shohola Glen, Switchback Railroad, Baseball in Shohola, Logging & Lumbering in Shohola, The Shohola Caboose, and Schools in Shohola Township; and
- Sullivan County – $3,000 to contract with the Delaware Highlands Conservancy for an educational project focused on nesting eagles and habitat through the multidisciplinary approach of volunteer training, cards and stickers distributed to over 2,000 visitor contracts between December and April, added content to the webpage, and offering an eagle viewing station at the Narrowsburg RiverFest.
Please visit the Technical Assistance Grants page at www.upperdelawarecouncil.org or call the UDC’s Narrowsburg office at (845) 252-3022 for more information.